Thursday 3 January 2013

Stray by Rachel Vincent

“ I'm glad you think so. I've always considered my sense of humour to be largely under-appreciated, so it’s nice to finally meet a fan.” 

Stray is the story of Faythe Sanders daughter of the Alpha of the werecat territories. When we first meet her Faythe is away at college trying to live a normal life, with a normal human boyfriend away from her family. That is until her cousin is kidnapped and she is attacked on campus and her father orders her to return home

I'm undecided how I feel about this book, there where times I liked Faythe, she was feisty  sexy, knew how to run with the boys and always stood up for what she wanted. Yet there were also times when she was just plain annoying, she wanted to try and escape her oppressive family, who aren't really that oppressive just looking out for her best interests and then its her own stupidity that land her in the dire situation she finds herself in. Yes she wants to be independent but it just comes across bratty and spoiled at times.

Faythe definitely has a lot of love interests and I know which one I prefer, Marc came across as another version of her dad, moody and over-bearing whereas Jace was dirty, funny and saw her as her own person. 

This book is a great mix of action and romance and even though slightly annoying Faythe is a strong female protagonist who doesn't the men in her life rule. This book has me intrigued and I definitely want to read more about these werecat.

No comments:

Post a Comment